Free and open to the public
EXHIBITION RUNS JUNE 5TH - 30TH
EXHIBITION: JUNE 5 - JULY 30
METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF DESIGN DETROIT
ARKADIY POLEZHAEV, BOSWELL,
BRET MAXWELL, CHRISTIAN TRIPPE, KIWI PHONG-NGUYEN,
LEVON MILLROSS, NEIL GATES,
The Biomimicry On Belle Isle exhibition is located at the Belle Isle Aquarium. The year-long timeline will also be filled with Biomimicry periodic programming on the 3rd Saturday of the month starting after Earth Day 2022.
The Tea Dance is a portion of the Mighty Real Queer Detroit event that is an Art and Design platform to celebrate both Queer artists and Designers and people who are strong allies to the community. MM-O-DD is overseeing those who identify as Designers. There will be approximately 7 Designers, 140+ Artists at 17 different Detroit Galleries and other venues for the month of June 2022. We extended the exhibition until the end of July to show even more support of the artists.
During Detroit's Month of Design , MM-O-DD uncovers 69 years of the Detroit underground scene of design. The interiors of clubs, the mystery and history of fashion and the secrets of sub-culture and design.
The A-Z calendar of Exhibitions, Programs and events are the following. Biomimicry on Belle Isle: May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20 Mighty Real Queer Detroit: Tea Dance opening reception is on June 5. The month long exhibition is until June 30. BRAINWORXX: Opens in July. detroitUNDERGROUND 69 runs throughout the September which is the Detroit Month of Design and continues until the second week in October. The International Design Exhibition and Runway Showcase opens November 5.
DECICATED TO FEATURE BLACK DESIGN
DESIGNERS | STYLISTS | COLLECTORS
HISTORIC + CURRENT + FUTURE
FASHION | PRODUCT | INTERIOR | LIGHT | BEAUTY | ARCHITECTURE | JEWELRY | ACCESSORY | TEXTILE +
Donors, Sponsors, Alliances, Community collaboratives, Businesses and Individuals
We appreciate those who value design learning. Together we are making a difference.
We explore the past, dive into current innovation and ignite interest to discover the future of the Design Industry.
MM-O-DD is an AH-HA spark with innovative programming opening doors to the Design Industry.
*Abeesa, *Art Impact Connect, * Albert Kahn Legacy Foundation, American Alliance Of Museums, *American Association of State and Local Historical Museums, * Anew Life Prosthetics and Orthotics,
*Arrow Office Supply, * Banner Signs, Bees In The D, * Belle Isle Aquarium, * Belle Isle Conservancy, * BlueWorld Productions, * Build Institute, * Caleb Joye Films,
CCS:College For Creative Studies: Departments: Color and Material Design + Fashion Design + Jewelry Design, City of Detroit Arts, Cultue and Entrepreneuership Office, * Channel Iris,
* City of Detroit Arts, Culture and Entrepreneurship office, * Collected Detroit, * Culture Sourse, * Cuisine De' La Karine, DAXTON,
* Detroit Center For Design And Technology (LTU), Design Core Detroit, Design Core Network, * Detroit Design Festival, Detroit Month Of Design, Detroit Hives* Detroit Riverfront Conservancy,
* Downtown Boxing Gym-Youth Program,
* Display Group, DNR: Department Of Natural Resources Outdoor Adventure Center, * Fantasee Lighting, * FastSigns Detroit,* Global Ties > Detroit, GuideStar, * Hedgehog Health, Heinz C. Prechter Bipolar Research Program (U of M), * Ideation Orange, Industrial Sewing And Innovation Center (ISAIC), Jenesis Entertainment and Staffing, Kaftan Designs, Lost Artists Collective, Matthew Honkanen, *Michigan Museum Association, * Michigan Science Center, Might Real Queer Detroit, * Nature Comes Standard LLC, * Pernod Ricard, * Robert C. Jones Foundation, S. Kay Young Photography, The Lazov Agency, * Uniland Corp., * W/Purpose, * Wrighteous Designs
* Financial and/or In-Kind contributions